Blog Header Text

For questions you can contact Adam at: adamchartley "at" gmail "dot" com or Jason at: jasoncppk "at" yahoo "dot" co "dot" uk

Thursday 6 February 2014

White-winged Gulls

For those seeking these and possibly confused by the use of the words 'Sutton Courtenay'; I am assuming (please correct me if wrong) this is the place; where I too have viewed Iceland Gull from. Between the named 'APPLEFORD Railway Level-crossing' at the 'L' bend in the road immediately south of the village of Appleford; and the point at which the Cycleway crosses the B road 500m to the ESE of that Level Crossing. There is a gateway allowing viewing over the field to the north side of the B road. Room for one car only and with poor sight line when reversing(?)back onto the B road. Another spot to park is by the Cycelway crossing point, but I believe that requires viewing from outside the car, which is probably not advised.
Hope that is of help to the White-winged Gull seekers. Interestingly, the very unusually marked Herring Gull photographed by Roger would be the 'rarer' of the Target Gull plumages. Definitely one to log in the memory for future reference.


Eds: Hopefully this may help.
If you get out of your car in the gateway,
The Gulls will flush.
View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. So were are the gulls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest NOT Sutton Courtenay, but anon-person may always wish to remain in a state of bliss.
    Possibly even more blissful for missing out the '?' ?

    (The sad thing is, the comment would have been funny were it not anonymous)

    I accept that understanding an OS map with accurate text, must be quite a challenge for at least one, so I have added many links to point to each location mentioned. The need to state the obvious (for Anon.) of not getting out of ones car has already been recognised by the Eds. I was giving far too much credit... stupid me !

    Good luck to those who appreciate help in finding the birds, as I myself always appreciate any help proffered by others. Franklin's Gull would be nice..... but Baltic Gull is possibly even better.
    Can of worms anyone ?

    ReplyDelete