Blog Header Text

For questions you can contact Adam at: adamchartley "at" gmail "dot" com or Jason at: jasoncppk "at" yahoo "dot" co "dot" uk

Thursday 16 August 2012

Grimsbury Reservoir 2012 list hits 101!

Some of you may recall I set a target at the beginning of the year to get a Grimsbury Reservoir year list of over 100 species. Well today was the day! The year list stands at 101 today with Yellow-legged Gull, Little Ringed Plover and Ringed Plover added to the list. Personally I've only seen 98 species so I'm hoping to get over 100 myself. Yellow-legged Gull could be a patch first (and is certainly a patch tick for me) and Little Ringed Plover is a patch tick for me.

Happy birding!
Gareth

4 comments:

  1. Nice one Gareth. Putting in the effort invariably comes up trumps. But your assertions that the Res is possibly not the best of sites will now have to be re-visited.... as bird species recorded per hectare would seem to indicate Farmoor Res is now very third rate indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, but I doubt 'Grim' res will never be up there with Farmoor (or the likes of Otmoor or Port Meadow) ;-). Surely it is the sheer size of Farmoor that makes it attractive to overflying migrants/vagrants as they can see it from so much further away? I do sometimes wonder if it is just observer effort though, as Farmoor probably receives higher and more frequent visits than anywhere else so more birds are seen. Probably in fact both of these things make it the counties top site. I slag my patch of a bit but it has its charms. A little more effort and a few more species..

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Gareth - great to see someone working hard on thier local patch - having just written the Gulls and Terns section for the 2011 BOS annual report, I let you down gently regarding your claim for a site first.
    Andy Turner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Gareth top effort :-)

    ReplyDelete