Blog Header Text

For questions you can contact Adam at: adamchartley "at" gmail "dot" com or Jason at: jasoncppk "at" yahoo "dot" co "dot" uk

Friday 12 May 2017

Standlake Pit 60: 12th May


2 Black-winged Stilt
Went to see if rain had brought in waders; Stints possible - Stilts a long shot. I was in Langley Hide - they were some way off on north shore. Was thinking possibly 2 males as both were black-hooded but I have vague memory that this is now a discredited criterion (my books not unpacked yet!). One had black head and fore-mantle was duller but the light was poor and it was hard to tell. Birds were there at 08.55pm when I left though they sometimes disappeared into the back channel. 
PS Lost 1 key. If anyone finds a blue-based hide key in Langley Hide pls call 07825 412 525/01865 301842 and I'll retrieve.

Mick Cunningham

The two Stilts courtesy of Mick Cunningham


2 comments:

  1. I have no idea why the post is so unintelligible. the 'good question' statement relates to the going birding submission template question about age/sex of the birds. For avoidance of doubt - there were 2 BW stilts pit 60 see @MickgCunningham twitter for footage.

    ReplyDelete