Sightings and Photos

To submit sightings to this blog if you are not an authorised contributor please use the Going Birding service.
To Submit Photos or Video to this blog please email jasoncppk 'at' yahoo.co.uk or adamchartley 'at' gmail.com

15th Oct Yellow-browed Warbler Lark Hill...Oct 11th Whooper Swan BWR...Oct 2nd Osprey Standlake...21st Sept Red-necked Phalarope Farmoor Res...Grey Phalarope Bicester Wetlands...19th Sep Little Gull Grims Res...Forthcoming Talks: 11th October: OOS

Thursday, 12 October 2017

12th October Curbridge

"At 12.30 today whilst driving between Brize Norton and Curbridge, close to Caswell House I think a female (Hen) Hen Harrier flew across the road in front of me at a distance of about 30 yards, flying in a Westerly direction. Slow flight, just above hedgerows. Brown buzzard/gull sized with with distinct white rump. I could not "follow" it as I had a car coming towards me but I did get a good view and have a confirmed sighting about 5 years ago on a walk near Swinbrook where one flew below me at very close quarters ( I was on a hill) carrying a partridge kill. Can't think of anything other than HH, visibility was excellent."

per Phil Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment