Blog Header Text

For questions you can contact Adam at: adamchartley "at" gmail "dot" com or Jason at: jasoncppk "at" yahoo "dot" co "dot" uk

Monday 6 July 2020

Lucky Swift, Headington 6th July am

As I walked into my road after shopping in Headington this morning, a swiftlet fell out its nest in the apex of a gable. It almost hit me! My neighbour who lives in the house and who feels very privileged to have swifts nesting in his roof, got a long ladder and we returned the bird to the nest. I hope that the parents return soon and feed it. The gale force winds of the last few days may have made feeding and getting back difficult.had it fallen earlier or later it might still be on the ground or in a cat or Magpie!
A beautiful bird with all feathers fringed with white and probably not more than a week or two from fledging.

No comments:

Post a Comment