Blog Header Text

For questions you can contact Adam at: adamchartley "at" gmail "dot" com or Jason at: jasoncppk "at" yahoo "dot" co "dot" uk

Friday 7 November 2014

Benson 7th November

No further sign of the two Swift sp by late afternoon (per Tezzer & The Wickster).
No sign Lollingdon Hill this afternoon (per Paul Chandler)

Forwarded from Cholsey Wildlife

Just now (12:20 pm), from my office window, I've seen two swift spp. heading south slowly over Benson Lane, in Crowmarsh. I had no binoculars, and by the time I got some they had gone, but I had fairly good views at moderate range for about a minute. All I can say is that they looked big, and I don't think they were Common Swifts due to the size and different flight action (but they were going into a strong headwind). If I had to put a name to them I'd say Alpine Swifts, but without a better views I can only say for sure that they were 'swifts', and 'they didn't look like Common'. (per RB).

1 comment:

  1. Spent an hour on Cholsey hill but unfortunately no sighting!

    ReplyDelete