Blog Header Text

For questions you can contact Adam at: adamchartley "at" gmail "dot" com or Jason at: jasoncppk "at" yahoo "dot" co "dot" uk

Sunday 1 April 2012

More on the Dix Great White Egret

I got this e-mail from Mick Cunningham, a visiting birder from Yorkshire.

"...It was me who had the Great White Egret (it wasn’t strictly over Dix). I’m visiting my daughter in Witney. I was driving away from Dix towards Witney/Ducklington when saw bird in flight c12.15ish. Followed it in car and I got out of car at entrance to West Oxon sailing club - had it in bins but it kept going and I had to move as blocking an entrance, Bill colour, huge goiter neck, long, long legs with huge feet á lá Purple and sedate/heron wing action. Have some field notes. I assumed it’d be rare in Oxon. ... If you can get me a recorder’s address I’ll submit it. I’ve seen 1000s over the years but I know they’re a pig to assess from descriptions (I’m on Yorkshire rarities cmtee so boot’s been on other foot.)"

No comments:

Post a Comment